Banquet Cook II-2
Company: Benchmark Hotel Valley Ho
Posted on: September 3, 2021
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management
philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an
entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create,
share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes
passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our
extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common
goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho's success by being
prepared to cook and present all menu items as required by the
Chef. Also, assuring that your performance is at an advanced
culinary level, in order to exceed the expectations of our guests
and community. Always approach the job in a clean, organized,
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not
- Responsible for the preparation, taste, and presentation of all
- Prepare and be set up for success according to distinct levels
- Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health
Department regulations on assigned stations at all times. (i.e.:
approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temp.
- Cook and serve all items required by the menu, following
designated recipes and procedures.
- Break down and thoroughly clean the station at the end of
preparing a meal and at the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the
- Take the initiative in maintaining a safe and sanitary working
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors,
co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product
provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition, and function
efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment. Solid
interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot
equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, and write English
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail-oriented, and
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality products while under
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism,
ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow
Keywords: Benchmark Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale , Banquet Cook II-2, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!