Mgr, P&C Claims
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Assurant is seeking a Manager, Property & Casualty Claims for
the Scottsdale, AZ facility
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a team of
associates focused on making a difference by helping our customers
get their lives back in order following a property damage or loss?
Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where we
work together to meet our customer’s expectations for service? As
the Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day
activities of a team of claim adjusters within the P&C Claims
department. Your team will be responsible for the
investigation of insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal
results, and verifiable damage. Successful P&C Claims
Managers effectively lead, manage, and motivate employees to meet
production service standards and provide coaching and development
to help employees grow and succeed. We offer a management
career path and individual coaching and development in a
professional and friendly work environment. We have
company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance
eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan,
and many additional benefits.
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to
obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any
applicable cost/fees will be provided.
- Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates
responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a
culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity, and superior
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and
long- term goals and plans for the work group.
- Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal
reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate
action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call
reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate
- Build and maintain effective internal and external
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis
and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process
in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or
team lead experience including coaching and developing
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting
client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus
Keywords: Assurant, Scottsdale , Mgr, P&C Claims, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!