Escrow Officer - Homebuilder Division
Company: First American
Posted on: October 13, 2021
First American (India) is a Global In-house Center (GIC) of the
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) family of
companies, a proud member of the FORTUNE 500 companies and was
named one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2020.
First American Financial Corporation provides comprehensive title
insurance, closing/settlement, property data and technology
solutions. First American (India) creates quality solutions for its
customers by combining software, back office and knowledge
processing operations to fulfill First American's business
requirements. Our priorities are our employees, customers and
shareholders - in that order. FAI has been recognized as one among
India’s Top 75 workplaces in IT & IT-BPM 2019 by Great Place to
Work® Institute. Homebuilder Services Division facilitates the
Lender and Homebuilders transaction and helps Escrow Officers,
lenders, Homebuilders, Buyers and Notaries. The results are less
stressful closings and happier homebuyers.
Responsible for handling real estate transactions by
establishing new escrow accounts, managing funds, processing
documents for closings, and completing settlements in accordance
with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral
liaison between file parties, adheres to company policy, and
monitors and mitigates risk to the company.
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining
requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing
closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying
buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving
title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against
property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and
statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling
documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and
procedures; answering questions; checking documents for
completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing
and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares
settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by
adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real
estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow
License or Certification
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American
offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an
employee stock purchase plan.
- Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable
Keywords: First American, Scottsdale , Escrow Officer - Homebuilder Division, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!