Escrow Officer - Scottsdale
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
We're building the future of real estate - today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of
thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate
agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether
that's finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or
ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its
platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate
transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture - but don't just take it
from us. We've been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes.
We're committed to diversity both internally and externally through
programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to
HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to
our shared success.
We are a 100% resale/purchase business (no-refis) and we do not
expect you to do business development.
Who You Are
You are the key to home ownership. As an escrow officer, you're the
human link between our process and people. You're there at the
beginning, reviewing contracts and following instructions. You're
there in the middle, ensuring that all the associated paperwork is
completed efficiently and accurately. You're working with agents
and their clients to keep the process moving forward, verifying
that titles are clean, taxes are paid, and loans are funded.
Finally, you're there at the end, to assure that no funds or
property will change hands until all terms have been carried to
- Trusted consultant, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
that gives agents and home buyers alike the confidence that their
transaction is in reliable, good hands and will be completed on
- Problem solver, using your industry knowledge to identify
potential issues; recognizing what's wrong, knowing how to fix it
and avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Constant learner, staying on top of changing rules and
regulations to avoid setbacks and enable transactions to close on
- People reader, recognizing and adapting to an agent's or
homebuyer's personality and mood to make them feel comfortable,
even when delivering bad news; showing empathy to ease their
frustration and give them confidence that you're in their
- Multi-tasker, highly organized, being able to work a large
number of contracts with numerous agents, buyers and sellers
simultaneously under deadline pressure
What You'll Do Here
- A to Z: Knowing the intricacies of the contract from beginning
to end, ensuring that it is closed in a timely, efficient and
- Devoted to detail: Verifying all paperwork is complete so that
escrow closes on time and correctly.
- Following the money: Working with lenders and underwriters to
ensure that all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed to fund and
- Relationship building: Establishing and maintaining
relationships with essential industry players - agents, attorneys,
lenders, surveyors and government agencies - that enable you to
smoothly manage transactions.
- Business builder: Earning the confidence and trust of new
agents and creating opportunities to market our business; retaining
agents by providing them with white-glove service.
- Talent builder: Training escrow assistants to open
opportunities for advancement; delegating, auditing work, answering
questions and giving direction.
- Sealing the deal: Being present at closing and making it a
positive, memorable experience for agents and buyers.
What You Bring
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; take continuing
education courses as required.
- Experience: Two to three years of escrow experience, both
front- and back-end experience.
- Certification: Notary public and escrow officer licenses as per
local regulatory requirements (Eg. in CA we require California Land
Title Association requirements to qualify as an Onsite Manager for
the California Department of Insurance).
- Industry awareness: Technical knowledge of closing
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Communications skills: Strong written and verbal skills to keep
agents, buyers, sellers and all other parties up to date with the
process and work with them to resolve issues.
- Robust and competitive benefits
- Weekly $40 DoorDash credit
- Monthly $75 monthly reimbursement for gym membership or fitness
Keywords: HomeLight, Scottsdale , Escrow Officer - Scottsdale, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!