Inside Property Adjuster (CAT Team)
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Purpose of JobWe have an exciting opportunity to join our
Dedicated Catastrophe Team, serving members impacted by catastrophe
events. Adjusters in this role will focus on virtual desk adjusting
and utilize technology to settle property claims. We have multiple
positions available for onsite or remote work situations.
Candidates are expected to live within a commutable distance of one
of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
Chesapeake, VA, or Colorado Springs, CO.We embrace a robust Veteran
workforce and encourage Veterans and Military Spouses to
apply.Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates,
evaluates, negotiates and settles moderate to complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members.
Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and
negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members'
life events, as appropriate.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
moderate to complex damages. Updates initial reserve levels
dictated by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to prepare
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
initiate inspections and facilitate moderately complex claims
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
resources. May identify and resolve potential discrepancies
resulting from unusual characteristics.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Determines coverage through analyzing investigation information
involving moderate to complex claim recommendation and
- Communicates with insured about coverage and any issues that
arise. Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for moderate to complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to handle
moderate to complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that can occur in the claims
process without supervisory approval.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 year of relevant property claims adjusting experience or 2
years relevant claims adjusting experience.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Developing knowledge of XactAnalysis, Xact Contents, or similar
tools and platforms.
- Developing knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred:
- Demonstrated abilities using estimating software such as
Xactimate------ to prepare estimates for moderate to complex
- Experience using virtual tools such as Claims X to desk adjust
- Experience on a Property Catastrophe team handing inside or
field claims (i.e., wind, hail, hurricane, flooding)
- Experience using high resolution aerial imagery, reviewing
before and after imagery of residential structures to assess
damages and make claim decisions
- ---Previous experience in construction, restoration, or
- ------Currently hold an active P&C adjuster license
- Ability to work overtime and extended hours to support CAT
- Served in the US Military or Military SpouseWork from home
member contact employees must have access to minimum broadband
internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current
requirements are as follows:
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (provided) and hard-wired via an ethernet cord
directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe,
suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from
background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for
training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA
provides.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $46,000 - $82,900*(this does not
include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Inside Property Adjuster (CAT Team), Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!