Food Runner Fs
Company: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This is the job description for FOOD RUNNER
Job Title: Food Runner
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: F&B Outlets/Restaurant Manager; F&B
Outlets/Restaurant Chef; Director of F&B
Job Purpose: The food runner facilitates the accurate and timely
delivery of food from the kitchen to points of service in the Food
& Beverage outlets. The food runner also aids with kitchen
expediting & table service when needed.
1. Monitors orders received by kitchen via the point of sale (POS)
2. Reviews order details and makes needed preparations regarding
each order's needed items and delivery
3. Ensures each order is completed on time, notifying kitchen &
restaurant leadership when there are delays.
4. Ensures that each order is complete, with all needed items,
before departing kitchen.
5. Transports orders using safe practices and delivers completed to
designated 'drop zone'.
6. Assists with retrieval of trays, lids and other equipment to the
7. Assists with serving guests, as needed.
8. Assists with kitchen expediting of orders, as needed.
9. Assists with arrangement and delivery of orders for other
F&B outlets including bars, market and IRD (room
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong service communication skills (Verbal & written) to assist
both guests and team.
2. Ability to read, comprehend, and explain information from menus
and food orders.
3. Ability to utilize kitchen equipment safely and properly,
including toasters, slicers, blenders, coffee
4. Ability to understand spatial arrangements to navigate quickly
through a large area.
5. Ability to lift large trays, balance multiple items, carry
safely + properly with great frequency.
6. Attention to detail for accuracy of orders and protection with
allergens / dietary restrictions.
Education: Completion of High School, GED program, or
Experience: One-year F&B experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety certification
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently
lifts/carries over 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Job conditions involve working in an active
kitchen, with movement through F&B outlet dining areas.
Additionally, some level of time is spent working in storage
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, Scottsdale , Food Runner Fs, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!