Licensed Mortgage Professional - Scottsdale, AZ
Company: Homeowners Financial Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Work for an Award Winning Company Culture!Are you an independent,
self-starting, team player with a positive attitude? Are you
passionate about giving back to your community? Do you want to work
for a company that we like to think as the happiest place in
mortgage and has been voted a Best Place to Work for the last 15
years? Join our family at Homeowners Financial Group and you can
take advantage of our great benefits.Benefits:
- Cigna Healthcare Benefits including vision, medical, life and
- Employee tenure program
- President's Club for both Sales and Operations staffWho We Are:
Homeowners Financial Group has over 350 employees in 35 offices
across the country and has helped tens of thousands of homeowners
realize home ownership. We are not your typical mortgage company:
we foster a family environment, we give back to the community
through dozens of charities and we love what we do!Who We Want: We
want a Licensed Mortgage Professional (LMP) who is responsible for
developing new business, structuring and closing loans, as well as
maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. The LMP manages
the customer through the entire loan process by setting
expectations, taking applications, and managing closings. This
involves collecting and analyzing information and documentation
regarding the customer's employment, income, assets, credit
history, and debts to determine the appropriate mortgage loan
financing options. This position also represents Homeowners
Financial Group (HFG) in the local community through active
involvement in community affairs and by participating in marketing
efforts of HFG's products and services. LMP must hold an active
Mortgage Originator License through NMLS.Essential Duties:
- Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and
originates HFG mortgage products to meet established loan quality
and production goals.
- Continually identifies, develops, and maintains a quality
network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source
of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A network is
enhanced by the LMP's regular participation in community efforts
promoting homeownership, business related development
opportunities, and professional organizations.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to customer
inquiries and referrals that are generated through personal
contacts or HFG's business channels. Converts company-provided
leads into personal appointments.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to
analyze financial and credit data and determines customer financing
objectives. Advises customers of advantages and disadvantages of
loan products and pricing and gathers any additional information
- Manages overall customer interaction and interfaces with all
parties involved on each individual loan from application to
closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying
- Obtains all necessary supporting documents and collects the
- Negotiates terms, structures loan financing based on risk
considerations, and presents credits for approval to appropriate
levels of authority within HFG.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies,
procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, complies with
all Federal and State policies, and adheres to HMDA
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the local real
estate market and competitive environment.
- Explains the available loan program and rate options to the
customer and advises the customer on options for locking in a rate
and loan program. When the customer wants to lock in a rate and
program, the LMP documents the customer's request to lock and
confirms the locked rate/program with the Secondary Marketing
- Provides monthly projections for production on a timely
- May partner with Mortgage Assistants' to provide guidance
around all aspects of the sales process.
- Participates in HFG internal meetings and required
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrates an
understanding of and follows all HFG Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in loan origination for both
FHA and conventional loans with a proven track history of funding
- Active Mortgage Originator license through NMLS required in all
states in which loans are originated.
- Proven sales ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provides strong customer service to internal and external
- Ability to develop positive relationships
- Exceptional organization and time management skills. Ability to
manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced
- Independent, self-starting, team player with a positive
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data.
- Proficient PC skills to include Excel, Word, and Microsoft
- Experience utilizing laptop technology for communication
purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status
- Experience with Encompass/ Optimal Blue/ DU/ LP/ and major
origination systems preferred
- Working knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending
practices, and regulatory (federal and state) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination process, FNMA, FHA,
VA, RD, and SAFE ACT guidelines.Working Conditions:The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. This job may require handling objects up to
10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally. While performing
the duties described herein, the employee is regularly required to
sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel in addition to talking
and hearing. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office
environment is normally climate controlled.Homeowners Financial
Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided
on the basis of qualifications, merit and business
Keywords: Homeowners Financial Group, Scottsdale , Licensed Mortgage Professional - Scottsdale, AZ, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!