Mortgage Loan Officer - Scottsdale, AZ
Company: Bell Bank
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMortgage Loan Officer If you love sales and are
passionate about helping others purchase their dream home, consider
a career with Bell Bank's mortgage team. You will work with
colleagues in a first class culture that provides a family
atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provides a high level of
service that makes each mortgage run smoothly – by sending closing
packages five days before the closing, in-house underwriting and
processing and having a support team to allow you to work
efficiently. Company Information:Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by
the financial strength of one of the nation's largest independently
owned banks. Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has
more than $10 billion in assets and full-service banking locations
in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota. Bell has empowered more
than $18 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It
Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year
how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David
C. Bell, Bell's mortgage division today has thousands of family
mortgages to its name. Bell Bank Mortgage has been in Arizona since
1997 and is actively expanding, most recently opening locations in
New Mexico and several other regional offices. Bell Bank has been
recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American
Banker, Forbes and Fortune, and has been named among America's top
mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine. If
you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking
organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
Bell's Values:As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation
of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every
- "Paying it forward" by giving back to the communities we
serve.Our Bottom Line:Happy Employees! Happy Customers!Job
Summary:Under minimum supervision, this position will market and
originate mortgage loans that meet regulatory and investors
guidelines to be sold on the secondary mortgage market.Primary
- Gather all information necessary for documentation, analysis,
disclosure and underwriting loan applications.
- Structure loan to ensure compliance to product guidelines.
- Submit through DU/LP and review findings to ensure borrower
findings meets guidelines.
- Enter all required information into the mortgage loan
origination system and order appraisal.
- Solicit and take loan applications in a professional and timely
manner in line with company standard and procedures.
- Evaluate credit factors and eligibility to ensure application
meets guideline requirements.
- Provide appropriate borrower compliance information at the time
of application, have disclosures signed and delivered.
- Provide Loan Estimate (LE) within regulatory guidelines. Also
provide re-disclosure as required by regulatory guidelines through
understanding of MDIA requirements.
- Provide all necessary applicant information to processor.
- Price loans according to guidelines and secure signed lock
- Review Closing Disclosure (CD) and prepare the borrower for
- Keep open line of communication with agents, borrower,
processors and closers to provide excellent customer service.
- Develop individual marketing plans to expand market share and
stimulate loan production.
- Maintain regular customer contact with professional and
community organizations to ensure a positive company image.
- Stay up to date on all program, compliance, and investor
guidelines and changes that will affect the borrower and Bell Bank
- Provides advice and service to applicant requesting mortgage
- Make preliminary determination of applicant's credit worthiness
and has authority to issue prequalification statement of borrowers
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the local
and national real estate market to better serve clients and provide
feedback to management
- Know by name and face as many customers and employees as
possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
- Know and practice LOCBUTN, our Golden Rules, and Bell Bank
Customer Service Standards.
- Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom
- Conduct activities consistent with established Bell Bank
policies, procedures and systems, the Bell Bank Employee Conduct
policies, the Bank Secrecy Act and all applicable state and federal
laws and regulations.
- All employees are responsible for information security,
including compliance with policies and standards which protect
- Perform other duties as assigned.Job Skills Required:
- B.A. or minimum of three years of mortgage banking
- Two years of mortgage banking sale experience.
- NMLS registration.
- Familiarity with all mortgage banking functions, FNMA, FHLMC,
HUD/VA Lending, regulatory compliance and investor guidelines.
- Ability to strategically plan to market and develop business
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines
and stress while maintaining a professional and mature
- Ability to travel to different branches and to off-site
meetings to meet with clients or co-workers. Bell Bank Mortgage
provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits
package. Bell Bank Mortgage Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Bell Bank, Scottsdale , Mortgage Loan Officer - Scottsdale, AZ, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!