Principal Tech and Data Risk Oversight
Posted on: January 24, 2023
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the
right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to
democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless
of background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The data management, data security and data technology expert in
TISO (Technology and Information Security Oversight) is a
high-visibility strategic partner and Subject-Matter-Expert (SME)
that leads the coordination and strategic oversight over Technology
and Data domains supporting key Business Functions. This position
requires building trusted partnership with First Line of Defenses
(FLOD) in collaboration with Third Line of Defense (Audit) to
develop clear mechanisms to provide risk transparency at the
enterprise level. The role is responsible for working closely with
data, technology, policy, security and risk analysis organization
and business operations to identify enterprise risks, enhance
policies, improve reporting, and influence strategy for the
This role serves as an authority to ensure strong technology and
data policy management practices, evaluate policy compliance using
existing mechanisms and establish standards for risk reporting at
various level in the organization. Person in this role
- Be responsible for policy and oversight of PayPal data security
and protection initiatives.
- Collaborate with Privacy, Legal, Compliance, Data Governance
and Data Platform groups on key enterprise data initiatives.
- Work with multiple cross functional teams on data risk
management, driving reduction of data exposure risks.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and evolve Key Risk
Indicators for the critical risk domains.
- Provide security and technology oversight for data risk
assessments across different operating environments.
- Ability to perform some data analytics to provide insights into
- Advise leadership on data security related risks and
- Actively contribute to PayPal security awareness and training
- Excellent communication skills to bridge communication between
various regional entities
- Support Shaping the organization's vision, 3-5 year plans,
OKRs, and other far-reaching strategy documents.
- Represent TISO at various forums and leadership
- Build sustaining relationships based on trust and mutual
- Actively manage expectations between the incumbent, their
peers, and the broader universe of stakeholders to avoid
"surprises" by creating a sense of agency and involvement early on
and at regular intervals.
- Willingness to contribute ideas and learn from others on the
- Experience preferred in financial services, insurance, security
and technology industries, preferably in dynamic and fast changing
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep
understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only
track activity but also quantify the impact of data and technology
initiatives on the financial performance of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting
- BS/BA degree required
- Industry certifications preferred
- 12+ years in experience working in Technology and Data risk
management with 5 years as senior subject matter expert role.
- 3+ years on experience in driving risk management function for
technology and/or cybersecurity
- Expertise in technology associated with data management, data
backup and data discovery capabilities
- Preferable hands-on capability with data analytics to analyze
data usage patterns
- On-going partnership with senior level external clients and
internal leadership both.
- Have served as a direct interface with regulatory agencies and
external Audit partners
- A strong balance of strategic and analytic acumen, with a high
level of intellectual agility and capacity for original and
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix environment with
proven track record of delivery, through strong negotiation,
influencing and relationship management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced,
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we
have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements,
based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include
a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role
requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that
prevents them from being vaccinated.
Keywords: PayPal, Scottsdale , Principal Tech and Data Risk Oversight, Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!