Groundskeeper (Two Positions)
Company: Maricopa Community College District
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Groundskeeper (Two Positions)
Job ID: 318856
Location: Scottsdale Community College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
$18.48 - $19.87/per hour, DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real
difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion
dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At
Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the
National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM
Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups
to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers Campus Statement
Scottsdale Community College (SCC) is proud to be the only two-year
public higher education institution located on Native American
land. As one of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges, SCC currently
serves more than 9,000 full and part-time students each semester
from its surrounding communities, including the cities of
Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Phoenix, and the Salt River Pima -
Maricopa Indian Community.
We are seeking to attract academically and culturally diverse staff
and faculty who possess a strong commitment to teaching, learning,
and student success. We encourage all in our college community to
contribute to and shape the direction of SCC's social justice,
inclusivity, and equity strategies.
At SCC we are proud of our reputation as an innovative college that
is focused on student success. Come join us in our desire to
improve the quality of life in our communities by providing
challenging, supportive, and engaging learning experiences.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed
to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program
that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and
productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for
every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options:
- 16 paid observed holidays
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee
Contribution Match (Pension, Long Term Disability, and Health
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Maricopa Employee Store: Perks & Gears (exclusive discounts and
offers for Maricopa Community Colleges faculty and staff)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and dependents (if
- Flexible work schedules
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program:
- Sight-On-Site Eye Care Services
- Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
- Mobile On-site Mammography Screenings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wondr online program that teaches clinically-proven, healthy
habits that lead to less stress, better sleep, weight loss, and
- Pre-Retirement Events
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (may forgive the remaining
balance on a federal student loan made directly by the U.S.
Department of Education after qualifying).
- 10+ Maricopa Affinity Resource Employee Groups (Celebrates
diversity, embraces inclusion, and supports employees, students,
and community!) Job Summary
Come join our team as a Groundskeeper, at Scottsdale Community
College. The Groundskeeper performs a full-range of grounds
maintenance services and landscaping for the grounds department.
This work includes but is not limited to general groundskeeping
services, various landscape construction projects, athletic field
maintenance, event preparations, equipment maintenance, irrigation
repair and maintenance.
To best serve the students, department, and college, this position
requires a physical presence on campus.
Please read the "How to Apply" section to avoid incomplete
35% - Operates small and medium size trucks and various lawn
35% - Prepares facilities and fields for athletic events.
20% - Performs general landscaping and grounds maintenance work
10% - Performs minor repairs and maintenance of equipment and other
duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
There is no substitution or equivalency allowable for the High
School Diploma or GED.
A. Experience with irrigation maintenance and repair
B. Experience working in an educational environment and/or public
C. Experience with athletic field maintenance and preparation
D. Possession of a current Arizona Pesticide Applicators
E. Formal training in turf & drip irrigation, sports field
maintenance, or landscaping
Special Working Conditions
- Travel to campus during the interview/selection process will be
at the candidate's own expense
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- May be required to lift or carry up to 50 lbs
- This position requires a physical presence on campus
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Climbing stairs and/or ladders to reach assigned areas along
with working at heights
- Work outdoors in a variety of temperatures and environmental
- Will be required to work in an area of light to heavy noise
- May be required to obtain Arizona Pesticide Applicators
Certification within one year from hire date
- Work hours may vary. Summer hours are; Monday - Thursday 4:30
am - 3:00 pm
- Will be required to follow written and verbal instructions in
English How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume showing how the
applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum
requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and
education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time
- Part-Time employment (must include number of hours worked)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07
to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held
and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former
supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon
application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
First Review August 14, 2023
Applications received after the review date may not be screened
EEO, Title IX, & Clery Act
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not
discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or
education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse),
age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in
the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from
participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any education program or activity receiving
Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment,
and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents
of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX
Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is
available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and
Universities to disclose information about crime on and around
their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa
Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available
at this link Clery Act.
To apply, visit
Keywords: Maricopa Community College District, Scottsdale , Groundskeeper (Two Positions), Other , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!