Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobConducts and develops quantitative and analytic
models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk
management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and
gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse
methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to
identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works
with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified
between existing practices and regulatory requirements.Job
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk,
opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to
quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation
reports Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to
effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a
discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical
analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative
- Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative
discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative
discipline relevant to risk management experience in a quantitative
discipline relevant to risk management
- Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other
quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a
quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be
- 4+ years involvement with quantitative analytical work,
statistical analysis, financial modeling, risk management
reporting, portfolio analysis, etc.
- Risk Management functional experience in Model Governance or
Validation functions, specifically dealing with banking models
(Credit Risk, ALM, PPNR, CCAR, Ops Loss)
- Experience interacting, in both written and verbal
communication, with cross-functional teams and committees to
understand modeling techniques, report findings, etc.
- Industry and/or model vendor experience in retail/commercial
banking, investment banking, credit union, and capital
- Working towards one or more of the following designations:
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position. Associated topics: capital,
commission, credit, economics, estate, financial, insurer,
investment, pricing, wholesale
Keywords: USAA, Scottsdale , Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!