Company: Argo Group US
Posted on: September 9, 2020
JOB TITLE: Underwriter I
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
JOB PURPOSE: To underwrite new business and/or renewals according
to authority level and established guidelines and participate in
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and price policies to verify acceptability based upon
company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority
both primary and supported excess.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate
classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Interact in person, via email, and by phone with wholesale
brokers to obtain further risk-specific details, negotiate terms
and pricing, and explain company positions.
- Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of
agents and travel to agent offices.
- Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
- Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
- Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal,
within assigned territory to properly transact business within the
- Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or one to three years related insurance
experience and/or equivalent combination of education and
- One to three years underwriting experience with authority,
preferably in excess and surplus lines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work
independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant
for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations
related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact
our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work
on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not
forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or
citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family
and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) ,
including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and
genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including
religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy,
child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation,
military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal,
state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please
use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only
include your most recent or relevant job information needed for
this role. For either method, please attach your most current
resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the
Keywords: Argo Group US, Scottsdale , Production Underwriter, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!