Functional Analyst II - Retail
Company: Discount Tire
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Job DescriptionHere at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of
our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business
has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in
our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year
and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in
our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our
retail and corporate operations.
Under general supervision, the Functional Analyst II provides
business value by evaluating and implementing additional
functionality through configuration, testing, maintaining and
deploying SAP Retail software modules and other enterprise business
- Research, recommend and develop functional solution design
- Define business processes, improvements, and business
objectives with particular focus on SAP Retail specific software
modules and integration points.
- Map the solution to business requirements according to
standards and program principles.
- Configure, maintain, and deploy SAP Retail software
- Document the configuration, develop and execute test scripts
- Create or update processes; consider capacity, limitation and
- Ensure the SAP application's integration and functionality is
clearly articulated; provide expert advice in determining a best
practice approach in deploying components
- Ensure adherence to Enterprise best practices and ensures
business value is delivered in accordance with business
- Assist Business Systems Analysts in gathering and documenting
business requirements and specifications for technical solutions
and assist Quality Assurance Analysts in completing testing
- Serve as a Retail Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their area,
participate in related projects
- Create and maintain documentation including: Business Process
Design (BPD) Documents, Functional Specifications (F-Specs), End
User System Procedures, End-to-end Business Process flows, User
Stories, Testing Scripts and Scenarios
- Test system updates, supporting user acceptance testing for
workflow, reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, patches,
upgrades and maintenance packs
- Act as a liaison between the business and the development team
to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure
development requirements integrated
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering
questions related to financial processes, procedures and
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing
exceptional customer service
- Troubleshoot end user and system issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of SAP system specific configuration and
- Experience with two or more SAP Retail modules, specifically
Master Data, Purchasing, Merchandise Logistics and Sales
- Knowledge of the key integration points with all SAP system
specific modules and key design implications is highly
- Understanding of SAP ECC integration with other SAP systems and
non SAP systems is preferred
- Proven understanding of Solution Manager and best practices as
applied to design and delivery of solution is necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve
processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to
develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the
organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas
verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is required.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet
deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well
independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the
ability to manage and respond to different organizational
situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and
upholding Company values is key.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays
and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime
(more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.
Not ready to
Keywords: Discount Tire, Scottsdale , Functional Analyst II - Retail, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!