Structural Design Technician
Company: HKA Enterprises
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Position Summary Our Structural Designers determine how to best
convey structural requirements to the construction team through
traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. They
are much more than drafters picking up red marks. You will be an
integral member of the design team, using strong communication and
interpersonal skills to work closely with Structural Engineers,
other disciplines, and construction trade partners. As part of this
team, you will develop design concepts, create the model from
scratch, and coordinate designs using clash detection tools to
resolve both real and modeled conflicts. You will be responsible
for managing your own workload, making and keeping your own
commitments, and taking full ownership of your product. You will be
given as much responsibility as you are willing to take, and your
opportunities for career growth will be limited only by your own
motivation, capabilities, and attitude. Duties and
- Is proficient in 3D modeling using Revit, with specific
experience in steel and concrete structures. Creates families and
fully utilizes the live functions available in the platform to
maintain intelligent designs.
- Creates conceptual structural models based on verbal direction
or rough sketches from engineers or other designers. Incorporates
standard notes and details for use in the construction
- Manages and incorporates electronic redlines from the
Structural Engineer using established workflows.
- Takes complete ownership of their portion of the structural
scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality
- Delegates to junior staff when appropriate.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work
with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Able to mentor junior designers by assisting with finding
answers to technical questions and concerns.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within
their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with
established structural standards, project standards, and project
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents
prepared by others to assure design and project standards are
- This position may require you to serve as a Lead Designer. In
this role, you will be further expected to:
- Provide leadership for a small team of designers, establishing
project standards and procedures, training and developing your
team, and building and maintaining team morale.
- Coordinate the work of the designer team, assigning work,
balancing workloads, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and
ensuring quality standards are met.
- Coordinate work executed out of remote offices.
- Take responsibility for internal, cross-discipline, and
external project reviews.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help your
team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Able to perform field walks. Though not common, this may
include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or
walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- This position may require you to either work in the local
office or from your home office.
- You may be asked to support work for/in other offices (possibly
including Temporary Duty Assignments) Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of drafting/design experience in the
- Minimum of 1 year of Revit experience
- Minimum of 3 years of AutoCAD design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills Preferred Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 3 years of Revit experience
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam #LI-JN1 #CB HKA
Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking
a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will
work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal
goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee
goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility,
satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite
you to take time and search for your next career experience with
us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship
and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Keywords: HKA Enterprises, Scottsdale , Structural Design Technician, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!