Underwriter or Senior Underwriter (commercial transportation)
Company: IAT Insurance Group, Inc.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Underwriter or Senior
Underwriter (commercial transportation) IAT Insurance Group has an
immediate opening for an underwriter within Commercial Truck Team.
This role works a hybrid schedule out of an IAT office located in
Scottsdale, AZ, Cheshire, CT, Raleigh, NC, and Houston, TX to
support our fleet wholesale/retail segment. Occasional travel is
required. This role will be required to work from the office Monday
through Wednesday with the option of working remotely Thursday and
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' risk assessment
experience related tomulti-line underwriting including commercial
auto and or large truck.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, use judgment and
experience as primary criteria, accept new business, or continue
renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the
underwriting file to establish accuracy in identifying and
minimizing exposure risk, utilizing change requests, claim
information, loss control, and external databases to identify
changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate and determine account premium levels using
sound judgment consistent with established company premium
modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to
determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others
consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the
Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Market to assigned agencies to achieve acceptable new business
flow to achieve new business and profitability goals. Assess agency
activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about the
company's annual visits to assigned agencies consistent with
- Perform other tasks as needed.Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree and atleast two years of experience in
- Equivalent is defined as six years of relevant experience.
- Experience in managing agents in a given territory.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage
features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to
achieve company objectives.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written
communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs,
internet-based programs, and PC literate using spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United
States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future,
for employment purposes.Preferred to Have:
- Knowledge of the transportation/trucking insurance
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations.
- INS21, 22, and 23 or equivalent.Our Culture
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty
insurer in the U.S.InsuranceAnswersTogetheris how we define IAT, in
letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for
people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our
partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options
for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace.
We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all
employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and
Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're
committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture.
By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their
development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are
stronger as an organization.Our employees propel IAT forward -
driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we
continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and
retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additionalDiscretionary Retirement
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Dress for Your Day PolicyWe are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and
cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions
about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require
employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their
vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before
entering IAT offices.
Steve Morley - Senior Recruiter
www.linkedin.com/in/stevemorley916Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: IAT Insurance Group, Inc., Scottsdale , Underwriter or Senior Underwriter (commercial transportation), Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!