Land Development Construction Manager
Company: Tri Pointe Homes
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Looking to be surrounded by remarkable, passionate individuals in
your workplace? Tri Pointe Homes is always looking for employees to
push our place in the industry forward with a top-tier home buying
experience. If this sounds like a career for you, apply to be a
part of our great team.
Tri Pointe Homes Arizona is looking for an experienced,
enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Land
Development Construction Manager.
Position Highlights: The successful candidate will be responsible
for field management of land development projects including rough
grading, installation of utilities, surface improvements, and
landscaping. Duties include effective coordination with
subcontractors, schedule management, cost control, environmental
compliance implementation, and coordination with internal customers
such as the home building construction team.
- Will need to have a particular focus on safety and be familiar
with OSHA requirements.
- Be able to implement and follow schedules to ensure timely
outcomes and benchmarks.
- Understand the emphasis on quality and how that applies to
every aspect of building community from the ground up.
- Must have the ability to generate cost control ideas, as well
as implement the value engineering ideas of others.
- Understand the importance of meeting cost control and
communicate this importance to all appropriate parties in any given
- Ability to use the current technology to ensure the success of
- Must also be able to communicate effectively across project and
building teams but also to the home buyer.
- The ability to manage field activities, convey confidence, and
provide adequate and timely responses to all parties, is crucial to
- Maintain excellent business relations with the developer,
contractors, consultants, utility companies, municipal staff, and
- Work collaboratively with Land Acquisitions and Entitlements
teams as needed on new projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate/GED required; college degree
- A minimum of 5 years offsite residential/multi-family
construction background. A thorough understanding of the processes
of constructing offsite infrastructure, including grading,
construction of retaining and screen walls, wet and dry utility
installations, concrete work, paving, stormwater management, dust
control, landscaping, and bond release.
- Certifications in the field(s) of professional construction
technology are also preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and own approved
- Ability to read civil plans and perform material quantity
takeoffs, evaluate pricing and budgets.
- Ability to maintain a project schedule that meets company
business plan needs - and hold contractors accountable to contract
- Ability to review and comment on bid plans to contemplate
issues and minimize field change orders.
- Ability to read and comprehend all levels of correspondence,
technical information, and manuals. The ability to interact
positively with agency inspectors.
- Ability to seek and review subcontractor pricing for plan
changes and compose/submit change order requests. Ability to
correspond/meet with office staff on-field issues.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets and add, subtract, multiply,
divide, and calculate percentages (e.g. grades, sewer flow, ADA,
- Ability to understand and solve practical problems that vary
from standard situations without direction.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational,
supervisory, and planning skills.
- Ability to read, understand and monitor civil, structural,
landscape plans and specifications.
- Ability to oversee environmental compliance implementation. QSP
training certification and experience would be a plus.
At Tri Pointe Homes, we are intentional about fostering an
environment where you, and all individuals, are encouraged to be
their authentic selves. We embrace individuality and strive to be
consciously inclusive of different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives in every aspect of our business. We believe our
company's strength relies on the diversity of the team and the
unique, innovative ideas everyone contributes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we make
employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and are
committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and
employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, if you are
a California resident, you have the right to know the categories of
personal information that we collect about job applicants,
employees and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries, and
independent contractors. Please click here for a description of our
personal information collection practices.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to apply for an open position or to participate in an
interview, please let us know.
Keywords: Tri Pointe Homes, Scottsdale , Land Development Construction Manager, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!