Operator 3, Golf Maintenance
Company: J.F. Shea Family of Companies
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Trilogy - at Verde River---: Verde River Golf & Social Club The
centerpiece of the community sits adjacent to Tonto National Forest
with sweeping views of the Mazatzal Mountains and the iconic Four
Peaks. Here you will find a newly re-envisioned golf course, tennis
& pickleball courts, poolside bar & grill, luxurious resort pool,
and The Outfitter, the starting point for outdoor fun. The Club
also features our signature restaurant and full service spa. Where:
Rio Verde, 20 minutes north of Scottsdale, ArizonaPOSITION
OVERVIEW: The Operator 3 is a member of the Golf Course Maintenance
Team, and works with all equipment and tools used in golf course
maintenance, including fertilizer applications. The Operator 3 is a
very experienced operator and assists in training operators and
offers insight to less experienced team members about their job
assignments. This position reports to the Assistant Superintendent
and takes direction from the Superintendent, First Assistant
Superintendent, Second Assistant Superintendent, and the Crew
- Performs duties assigned to Operator 1 and 2, such as bunker
raking, green and tee mowing, and hand mowing, in addition to
operating riding machine equipment, including triplex units, small
and large rough machines, fairway machines, approach machines, and
- Operates specialty equipment, including aerifiers, slicers,
rollers, sweepers, vertical mowers, vacuums, topdressers, spray
equipment, spreaders, sod cutters, car path edging implements, and
- Understands the application process of fertilizer and other
- Work in a safe manner and use all personal protective equipment
(safety gear) assigned.
- Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe conditions or
accidents to supervisor.
- Train operators and offer insight to less experienced team
members about assignments.
- Lead by setting a good example for other operators.
- Communicate daily with supervisors to report challenges about
work tasks, concerns about the golf course, or maintenance
suggestions to improve efficiency.
- Perform daily vehicle refueling and reloading of
- Maintain and clean all equipment daily and report equipment
issues to mechanic or supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned PERSONAL
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS /
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years' year golf maintenance experience
- Document knowledge of golf maintenance with references and work
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Enjoys the game of golf and understands the need for attention
to quality in daily maintenance to create optimal playing
- Completed training for irrigation equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, plans, labels,
Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and regulatory documents.
- Demonstrate confidence-ability to perform all golf course
maintenance duties performed by Operators, without
- Demonstrate proper hand and power equipment operation,
including clean up.
- Demonstrate mastery of all hand and power equipment, such as
mechanical rakes, reel and rotary walk mowers, hover mower, hedge
trimmers, line trimmers, hand and turbine blowers, weed eaters,
hand rakes and mechanical bunker rakes, and other hand tools
(loppers, pruners, rakes, shovels, etc.), as well as ability to
operate riding machine equipment, such as triplex units, small and
large rough machines, fairway machines, approach machines, and
- Maintain quality work; must not have a score below
'commendable' on the STAR review; demonstrates mastery of Operator
1, 2, and 3 skills that reflect a level of confidence with
- Train and mentor Operator 1 and 2 employees; manages special
- Ability to lead by example by taking a proactive position to
all issues concerning golf course maintenance and the Operator
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team
members and supervisors about job tasks and
responsibilities.Contribute to a productive work environment by
maintaining a good attitude with coworkers and the public.
- Must demonstrate initiative-ability to think, work, and make
independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility for tasks, actions,
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards;
attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where
continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
- Valid driver's license may be required to operate some
vehicles. WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position works in an outdoor
- There may be frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and
outdoor weather conditions.
- Outdoor environments may require variable terrain while
carrying equipment and navigating typical golf course obstacles,
including, but not limited to, water, plants, and the natural
landscape. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but
not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, and falls.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to Arizona desert wildlife
such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bobcats, javelinas, etc.
- There may be occasional exposure to precarious places, fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can vary depending on the equipment or machines used.
- Employees are required to wear all assigned personal protective
equipment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
- This position may be very active and may require standing and
walking for the duration of a shift, sitting and driving, lifting,
pushing, digging, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling,
climbing, using hands to fingers, touching and holding, and
reaching with hands and arms; regularly required to speak and
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea Family of Companies, Scottsdale , Operator 3, Golf Maintenance, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!