Company: The Griffin Groupe
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Company : Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search Job Type
: Full Time Location : Scottsdale, AZ Industry : Construction
Relocation : May be offered to strong candidates Rate : $140K+
Bonus and Benefits SAFETY DIRECTOR THE OPPORTUNITY The Griffin
Groupe is searching for safety professionals for a premier client
in the engineering & construction industry. Our client is a leading
construction firm providing critical infrastructure throughout
North America. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- MS in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Sciences
- 10 years manager safety role
- Certifications - CSP, CHST, CIH, etc
- 5 years of experience in construction field
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory environment, process and
- Experience implementing a safety program in a AAA
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to
management team JOB DESCRIPTION This position will develop an
overarching safety program for the organization to include policies
and procedures that meet OSHA, DOT and other applicable
requirements. This position will facilitate the implementation,
management, and monitoring of the organization's safety program and
training requirements. The Safety Director will evaluate the
organization's procedures, facilities, and equipment by conducting
inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to ensure that
effective safeguards and solutions are in place. This position is
responsible for workplace incident and accident investigations.
This position ensures the compliance with all current safety
regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements
and prepared to follow safety procedures. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly or annual safety reports and present
information to management, frequently communicating with company
executives to keep them apprised of pertinent issues and new or
- Perform and oversee all investigations of accidents, injuries,
near-misses, and unsafe working conditions.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in
work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques and
fire prevention for job sites and office.
- Manage safety compliance within the LMS system.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to Branch Managers and
Leaders, with respect to job site hazards, employee training,
new/safe equipment operation and safe material or substance
- Collaborate with management to establish and manage the safety
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety
groups and programs.
- Review site logistics as future projects plans are considered
and advise on safety aspects.
- Order safety equipment, safety supplies and first aid supplies
and distribute to managers, supervisors and employees as
- Prepare weekly safety topics and ensure that weekly site safety
meetings are properly documented.
- Create, implement, and manager a Safety Reward program for
- Bachelors Degree in occupational health, environmental science,
industrial hygiene, and safety or relevant field required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Attained or will obtain a Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
Construction Health or Safety Technician (CHST)
- 3-5 years' experience as a Safety Director or equivalent
working in technical, trade, construction or CDL industry
- Ability to develop, implement and enforce safety programs and
- Knowledge of federal, state, local, and industry specific
safety regulations, protocols and/or procedures.
- Technical knowledge of OSHA, PHMSA, MSHA, DOT, and Worker's
- Experience using Outlook, MS Office and LMS systems.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Strong background in safety with a proven record of
- Ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement
constructive behavior changes in transportation safety.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ensure accurate and on-going management of training data using
- Proven ability to initiate and effectively implement new
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Able to uphold high levels of discretion and
- Must be authorized to work in the United States Ryan Schortmann
The Griffin Groupe Director of Recruiting and Technology Please
contact me with any questions: Email:
email@example.com Phone: (w) 774-773-9321
Keywords: The Griffin Groupe, Scottsdale , Safety Director, Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!