Construction Superintendent (Multifamily)
Company: Porter Kyle Builders
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Construction Superintendent (Multifamily)Must have excellent
management, communication, problem-solving, and organizational
skills with a strong focus on meeting construction schedules &
budgets.Responsibilities of the Construction Superintendent:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in a critical
path to ensure timely completion. - Perform quality control duties
and responsibilities specific to the work being performed.
- Communicate with the project team regarding ASI's, RFI's, and
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying
with their contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and
environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate
them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain a daily log of activities on the jobsite using
- Walk all units on the project daily to monitor activities and
assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to
coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to
quality of work, safety or scheduling.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies
identified by the project team.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification
- Conduct Safety Orientation Meetings and Weekly Jobsite Safety
Meetings to ensure that Safety expectations are communicated to the
- Perform Safety Audits and Observations as part of an Active
- Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may
include other duties as assignedEducation & Experience Requirements
of the Construction Superintendent:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's degree in Construction related studies
- A minimum of 5-years experience in on-site multifamily
- OSHA 30-Hour required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Successful candidates are fluent in English. Spanish speaking
skills are a plus.
- Must live in the Phoenix Metro area. Relocation assistance is
not available.Required Skills:
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret construction
documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project
schedules for constructability and conflict reviews specific to
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the ability
to derive the most efficient method of completing tasks
- Must have the ability to create and edit the project schedule
and use it as an effective planning tool
- Strong working knowledge of the local multifamily construction
industry and subcontractors. - - -
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills and
ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Excellent communication and partnering skills in order to work
effectively with subcontractors, consultants, internal staff, and
- Proficiency with computer applications and ability to adapt to
- Working Knowledge of OSHA regulations and accepted Safe Work
practices for the Construction IndustryPhysical Requirements of the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential responsibilities.While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The
employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or
feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities include close vision and color vision. - The employee is
required to work on active projects and may be exposed to ongoing
construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the
work environment may range from moderate to loud. - The employee is
also required to use computers, phones and other technology on a
Pay & Benefits for the Construction Superintendent:
- Salary: $90,000 - $140,000 plus Annual Bonuses depending on
- Top Tier Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance on Day 1
- Life Insurance and Long & Short Term Disability Insurance on
- Top Tier 401(k) with 6% of pay match 100% vested on Day 1
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Vehicle Allowance
- Company Computer
- Phone Allowance
- Results Oriented Culture
- 6-week Paid Sabbatical every 7 yearsAbout Porter Kyle
Porter Kyle Builders is part of the Porter Kyle family of
companies. We are a vertically integrated Developer, Design-Build
Firm, Owner & Operator of Class-A Multifamily properties in
Arizona. We offer an unparalleled work environment and invite all
to compare our benefits to anyone else in the marketplace; we work
hard to treat our employees right.People come to work for us to be
a part of something that is exciting and growing. We work hard to
provide our team with opportunities to learn and share ideas, to
improve the business and grow individually and professionally each
day. We are looking for professionals, people that take pride in
their craft; people that give and expect a high level of
performance and precision in the workplace. The most important part
of our operation is our employees and we work hard to show it.
Porter Kyle Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Porter Kyle Builders, Scottsdale , Construction Superintendent (Multifamily), Professions , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...