Company: Century Communities
Posted on: January 16, 2022
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder-and the fastest-growing public
builder for three years in a row-we know what it takes to be a
market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the
resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off,
and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer
competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses
and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every
Dream--- is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If
that's you-if you're a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful
collaborator ready to take their career to the next level-then
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Bidding/Negotiating pricing for New Communities.
* Assist in the process to create and Set-up new communities to bid
in the Vendor Database.
* Send out Bid Invites via email to interested vendors.
* Assist in the creation of Spec Level & Scopes of work and
* Research and respond to questions from bidders Via email and/or
* Pull bids from our bid program "NewStar"; merge bids to include
base and options into Excel and format.
* Compile the lowest bids and create a budget template in
* Assist in the negotiation of contracts to include base and
* Assist in the execution of contracts and enter budgets into
* Respond to calls/emails from production regarding contracts,
plans, misc. questions, etc.
* Respond to calls/emails from subcontractors regarding contracts,
field concerns, etc.
* Set up, maintain and protect all documents on Vendor Database to
include plans, sublists, community information, and documentation,
etc. Ensure accuracy, make updates as necessary and ensure
everything is current.
* Forward Planning (as needed).
* Coordinate plan changes from production to consultants on new and
* Communicate outstanding issues where Purchasing and Forward
* Centralized Purchasing Administration (daily)
* Provide support for all issues relating to vendor contracts.
Production Department (daily)
Provide support for any concerns regarding subcontractors, scopes,
Provide support regarding questions or concerns with contracts,
Communicate work progress and outstanding issues with the Director
of Purchasing daily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Background:
* Strong negotiating skills.
* Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees,
* Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
Works in a normal office environment. Does not require physical
activity other than that typically utilized in such a setting,
working with standard office equipment (such as phone, fax, and
personal computer). Lifting up to 25 lbs. May be outside in all
kinds of weather when visiting sites.
Education and Experience
* Degree in Accounting, Business or Construction Management
* 2 - 5 years of purchasing experience preferred.
* Residential Construction knowledge or experience.
* Residential Purchasing and Contracting preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of General Office Organization, Contract
Administration, Administrative Assistance experience.
Keywords: Century Communities, Scottsdale , Purchasing Agent, Sales , Scottsdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!